PD Dr. Eva Knop
My research is centred on testing principles and mechanisms structuring biodiversity, species interactions, and ecosystem functioning, from the local to the global scale. Furthermore, I have a strong interest in how global change affects biodiversity and community processes, and what the ecological and evolutionary consequences are.
I am affiliated
with the URPP Global Change and Biodiversity of the
University of Zürich, and based at Agroscope, the Swiss
centre of excellence for agricultural research.
In my PhD I investigate diurnal and nocturnal species interactions and how they are affected by a human induced disturbance, namely light pollution. Further, I investigate how artificial light at night affects the pollination success of plants.
My PhD project evaluates the effectiveness of in-field measures for restoring sky lark populations and functional biodiversity. Furthermore, I am testing the underlying mechanisms driving the observed pattern.
Dr. Eliane Meier
My research focuses on small to large scaled spatio-temporal patterns of species and biodiversity. In particularly, using data of a large monitoring program on farmland species and habitats (ALL-EMA), I disentangle how land-use and environmental factors drives farmland biodiversity and biotic interactions.website
I am interested in species community patterns from small to large scales. My research focuses on appropriate indicators to describe biodiversity and its drivers, e. g. environmental and land-use factors, or abiotic and biotic interactions. In particularly, I use data of a Swiss monitoring program on farmland species and habitats (ALL-EMA) to investigate biodiversity in space and time.
CO-SUPERVISED MSC STUDENT
am doing my MSc thesis within the PaNDiv experiment led
Dr. Eric Allan, and co-supervised by Dr. Eva Knop.
The PaNDiv experiment is a large field experiment which investigates the mechanisms by which nitrogen enrichment affects
ecosystem functioning. I am particularly interested in how nitrogen enrichment
affects plant-pollinator interactions.
AFFILIATED AGROSCOPE POSTDOC, FORMER PHD STUDENT
My research investigates insect communities and biodiversity patterns in relation to their environment and their importance for ecosystem functioning. I am particularly interested in the relationship between land use and population dynamics and in the ways wild insect communities provide ecosystem services in agricultural landscapes. My research aims to inform land management decisions that best promote the conservation of wild insect communities. Currently, I am a post-doctoral researcher at Agroscope, the Swiss centre of excellence for agricultural research.website
Küchler, MSc student
• Barbara Mayr, MSc student 2015–2017
• Matthias Kyburz, MSc student 2015–2017
• Paul-Emile Desaulles, student internship from University of Lausanne
• Dr. Miriam Zemanova, PhD student 2012-2016
• Raquel Lazaro, MSc student 2014–2016
• Leana Zoller, MSc student 2015–2016
• Nadia Muhthassim, MSc student 2014–2016
• Maurin Hörler, BSc student 2015
• Katrin Luder, MSc student 2015–2016
• Laurence Etter, BSc student 2016
• Coralie Lavaud, student internship 2016, from Institut d’denseignement supérieur et de recherche en alimentation, santé animale, sciences agronomiques et de l’environnement (France)
• Sandra Trösch, MSc student 2014–2015
• Remo Ryser, MSc student 2014–2015
• Christopher Gerpe, MSc student 2014–2015
• Kévin Plaetevoet, student internship 2015, from Institut d’denseignement supérieur et de recherche en alimentation, santé animale, sciences agronomiques et de l’environnement (France)
• Fabian Hofmann, BSc student 2014
• Stefan Ursenbach, BSc student 2014
• Dr. Tabea Turrini, PhD student 2011-2014
• Andreas Burri, MSc student 2012–2014
• Tamara Blattmann, MSc student 2011–2013
• Sandro Schläppi, MSc student 2012–2013
• Jan Zünd, MSc student 2011–2013
• Marlies Niklaus, BSc student 2012
• Nicole Rindlisbacher, MSc student 2010–2012
• Anna-Maria Bottini, MSc student 2010–2012
• Nick Reusser, MSc student 2009–2011
• Dr. Izabela Hajdamowicz, scientific visitor 2011, Siedlce University of Sciences and Humanities, Poland
• Dr. Marzena Stańska, scientific visitor 2011, Siedlce University of Sciences and Humanities, Poland
• Sophie Ryser, BSc student 2010
• Niculin Töndurri, BSc student 2009
© 2019 Eva Knop - All rights reserved
Designed with FireStorm ISP - SiteDesigner